STARTTS Carramar (Head Office)
STARTTS provides culturally relevant psychological treatment and support, and community interventions to help people and communities heal the scars of refugee trauma and rebuild their lives in Australia.
Refugees often experience multiple levels of trauma which impact across all areas of their life and community. In recognition of this, STARTTS provides a holistic range of services which have evolved in response to the needs of our clients. Our range of services includes:
- culturally appropriate counselling and therapy (for individuals, families and groups)
- group work, including self-support groups, health education and other activities
- psychiatric assessment and treatment
- physiotherapy, therapeutic massage and acupuncture
- pain management and exercise groups
- activities for young people, including camps, excursions and Capoeira
- referral and case management
- community liaison and consultation
- community development projects
- training of mainstream service-providers in awareness of refugee issues and strategies to work with this client group
- research and evaluation
(02) 9794 1900
Refugees and Asylum Seekers who have lived in Australia for any length of time, from a few days to many decades.
Ways to make a referral
Anyone can make a referral to STARTTS by phoning (02) 9646 6800 or completing a referral form (see below)
- Counselling/Coaching Services
- General Support
- Information and Resources
- Social Groups and Social Connections
Is this listing not up to date? Click here to make a suggestion.